The merger is not a done deal. The opinions of staff, the public and stakeholders are vital in this process and will form part of the business case that we present to the Home Office in the autumn.
- Outline business case agreed in April 2018
- Staff, public and stakeholder engagement over the summer
- Development of full business case over the summer
- Both Chief Constables and Police and Crime Commissioners to review in September 2018 and make a final decision on whether or not to proceed
- Deliver full business case to Home Office in early October 2018
- Initial decision from Government by December 2019, subject to Parliamentary process
- If supported, election of single PCC to cover both areas in May 2020